For full information about our current fees, please download our HE Fees Policy 2015 – 2016.
The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) is the independent body entrusted with monitoring and advising on standards and quality in UK higher education.
The work the QAA does includes:
- Publishing and maintaining the UK Quality Code for Higher Education
- Conducting evidence-based external reviews of higher education providers and reporting their findings publicly
- Investigating concerns about academic quality and standards
- Conducting research and sharing information about good practice to improve quality
- Involving students in their quality assurance work, their governance, and their reviews
- Consulting and working with all those who have an interest in the quality of UK higher education
- Working internationally with other agencies on common criteria for standards and quality
- Providing training and events to help higher education providers develop and improve their own quality assurance processes
- Advising government on applications for degree awarding powers and the right to be called a university in the UK
- Regulating the Access to Higher Education Diploma which provides an alternative route into higher education for adults.
Download and read the initial review from the QAA website
Download and read the Barnsley College, interim monitoring visit report, February 2015
Single Equality Scheme 2015 – 18
We believe that all those who form the community at University Campus Barnsley (governors, staff, students, visitors and contractors) have a right to be valued equally and to have equality of opportunity. Our Single Equality Scheme sets out our principles and priorites for achieving this.