A successful future requires guidance and support and being aware of all the options available to you. That’s where our employment and careers advice service can make a difference.
You may not be entirely sure what you want to do once you graduate. Our Student Services team can make you aware of the options available to you and help improve your chances of success in the employment market.
The emphasis we place on work experience is well justified and many of our courses offer this as standard. Even if your chosen course doesn’t offer this you’ll still be encouraged to get your sleeves rolled up and we can help you to identify and apply for opportunities available to you.
We can support you with the following Careers Advice and Guidance:
- Interview Skills – Helping you prepare for interviews using the STAR technique
- Mock Interviews – Appointments available to take part in a mock interview before the real interview
- CV Advice – Appointments and E-Guidance for support to tailor your CV to the perfect job
- Application Form Support – Make an appointment to receive help completing your application form
- Job-Searching – Seek advice about how and where to search for graduate jobs
- Student Finance Support – Seek advice about applying for Student Finance and getting advice about loans and bursaries
- Top-Up Degrees – Come for an appointment to discuss converting your degree to a BA Hons Degree
- PGCE/Teaching Information – Obtain information about how getting into teaching
Full Guidance Appointments, Drop-In Appointments are available Monday – Friday. You can also seek Advice and Guidance via the telephone or via email (e-guidance)
Telephone: 01226216887 UCB: 3/17